So its been about a week since I last posted and as always its been busy! I've been enjoying hanging out with Jill every day and working out.... its kind of like we are back in high school again..Which I think is pretty great and i'm not bored at all! As I get ready to go back to Chicago for the next semester I am excited because I'm ready to be done with school and with the start of every new year I'm that much closer. I'm also sad because I see a lot of things changing around me. Its like you want some things to hurry up and some things to slow way down. I was talking to my sister tonight who is only 17 and I felt like I was having a conversation with an adult..It made me happy and scared the crap out of me at the same time..When did she grow up?? She was actually giving me advice!:) I can only imagine how my mom and dad feel!!haha I know its life and if there is one thing you learn in the world of psychology it is that life goes on and sometimes you want it to slow down for a while but if it did you would miss out on so many other things! Anyways just some of what I've been pondering this evening. Enough of the philosophy on to the fun stuff!
So this weekend was fun! We all went to Benders on Friday night for karoake there were quite a few people there and it was a good time all around. Then Saturday was Lora Semple's 50th Birthday Barn Dance and boy was it a good time. But how could it not be when its for such a great lady!! I think barn dances should make a come back and happen about every other weekend!haha Its so fun that now that my group of friends are all older our parents have actually become friends and we can all hang out! Makes it even more fun for everyone!:) Sunday was kind of laid back just hung out with the fam and didn't do to much! Monday I watched the St Thomas slow pitch team win a good game..way to go them! Yesterday my aunt sheila came down because her and mom went over to St. Louis for my Aunt Lana's surgery...which went really well!! Thank God! It was good catching up with her because I hadn't got to see her since Christmas.. Sometimes I wish they didn't live in Indianapolis and could be closer!!:) And tonight me and dad went out for dinner and hung out until Whit got home! Its been a pretty relaxing week nothing to exciting yet. I'm not thinking this weekend will be super exciting but I'm sure there will be stuff to do! I'm trying to get myself pumped up for starting my new practicum in August..its not working very well but hopefully when it comes around I'll be ready to leave here for a while. My mom said something very interesting to me the other day. She said that no matter where I go this is my home and they are my family and my friends will always be there for me so maybe its good to go for a while and be comfortable knowing what i have...I have always known these things but it feels good to hear your mom say them!:) Well thats all for tonight and hopefully I'll get some more posts up here soon!
Lots of Luv
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment