Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Oh the Places You Will Go!

This is a small part of Dr. Seuss's poem Oh the Places You Will Go its a poem I adore and this is my favorite part of it.....

On and on you will hike
and I know you’ll hike far
and face up to your problems
whatever they are.
You’ll get mixed up, of course,
as you already know.
You’ll get mixed up
with many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life’s
a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left.
And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU’LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

Oh the places you will go its such a perfect way to describe life. After being up here in Chicago for two years every new challenge I face I ask myself can I really do this...and then once i'm doing it I ask myself am I really doing this?haha Its kind of crazy to think of the people who have come in and out of my life and the experiences I've had. I've done things I never thought I'd get the opportunity to do and I've seen things a lot of people won't get to see. Life is absolutely crazy sometimes and there are so many ups and downs... but even in the downs there are lessons to be learned and things to appreciate. I guess today I'm just having a weird love of life and appreciating the opportunities I have been granted and the places I have gone and will go... I have a very dear and intelligent friend Sarah who has probably given me some of the best advice I will carry with me.. Her advice was that people come in and out of our lives for many different reasons. Some will be here for a long time and some a very short time but they all have their purpose and thats what we need to be aware of. Such wise words that will be with me for a very long time. Oh the places you will go what a great story.. Love life and appreciate it because even when its bad at least its life!:)
Lots of Luv

No comments: