So Father's Day was a little different this year. I didn't get to be home with my dad and the rest of my family is in Florida. I actually considered driving home from Chicago just to have breakfeast with him I felt so bad he was alone! I was the first child to wish him a Happy Fathers Day today..I think I'm working my way into the favoite position!haha j/k It would have been nice to be able to go and do family stuff this weekend for fathers day like we did for mothers day but sometimes you just can't help the circumstances. I've been thinking a lot about the people who have lost their fathers today such as my dad and it really makes me appreciate the fact that I can call my dad and be with him whenever I want to. It makes me sad for those people who don't have that opportunity anymore. I hope that they have comfort in their memories today and the love that they have for their dads. I know my dad is probably missing his dad today and that makes it even harder to be away right now. I've been thinking a lot about my dad today and how great our relationship is now. I realize that we used to love to butt heads. We would fight over the stupidest things and both of us were so damn stubborn that we just could never agree. I also realize that without him I would not be the person I am today. He made me tough and continues to show me that life isn't always easy and you got to be able to face it! He encourages me and basically won't baby me about anything he tells it how it is and if I don't like it we'll fight but i'll just have to get the hell over it!!haha He debates with me and even when he knows I'm right he won't let me win because that would just be wrong!:) The randomness of this man is ridiculous and it keeps us all entertained..we all believe he is one day going to be that old man who says what he wants when he wants to and does the same..well actually he might already be that old man!!hahajk Sometimes i love him because he doesn't care what people think other times I wish he would~!:) But he is my dad and he would do anything for me if I needed him to! He's the person who I seriously think no matter what guy I end up with they will never be good enough for me and it doesn't matter how much I think I might not be able to do something he'll tell me to stop being a wuss and get my ass out there to do it. This attitude used to drive me nuts now that i'm older and not quite as self centered I know its cause he cares and loves me! So this is my tribute to my dad... I love you and I hope you had a good Father's Day even if you didn't get to see my beautiful face!:) I hope everyone else had a great Fathers Day to!
Lots of luv
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment