Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Poem for my parents

Ok so before i start watching American Idol which wasn't on last night due to the presidential speech...I personally wanted to watch American Idol but I watched the speech anyways..It was ok I think it gave some much needed hope to some people.. Ok so this post is actually because a few people have wanted to read the poem I wrote for my parents 25th Wedding anniversary... Sometimes for those of you who don't know I like to write (well obviously I have a blog) But I like to write stories in poem form so I'm putting this one up here for those of you who wanted to read it...Allright now on to American Idol!!:) Oh and just remember that this poem was from me to my mom and dad so if its a little self indulgent of our family that is why!:) Lots of luv

A True Love Story
Sometimes love can be unpredictable
Especially when your name is Koebele
And making it 25 years can be rough
No one ever promised it wasn’t going to be tough
But with Kenny’s Courage and Sharon’s sweet heart
It was inevitable they’d make it, right from the start
The farm produced Kenny and Sharon a carpenter’s daughter
Never thought he would have caught her
On a fountain is where it started
Who knew after that they would never be parted
Dating and fun, High School what a blast
It all happened so fast

Four years went by before the big question
But before we get there other things should be mentioned
The dances, football games and classes
Oh how the time passes
Kisses stolen and taken away
This love was really here to stay
The Big question came in the Fall of 82
Sharon swears she never knew
A nice dinner happened that night
He asked her in a parking lot what a sight
They told their parents right away
With this kind of joy how could they wait

Land and a trailer were soon to be bought
This is where they’d live, it would be the spot
The wedding came in October of 83
I’ve heard the party was something to see
Content and in love for two more years
Living on love, no money even for beers
Then Sharon told Kenny there was to be a baby
In 85 came their girl, the love of their lives just maybe
But wait in 88 came a little boy a little man
Now two loves of their lives how much more could they stand
In 91 again their family grew, there were no more just two
The third love of their lives their baby girl, so brand new

Melissa, Alex and Whitney
All five what a beautiful family
Now their love had life to show
And a family that was starting to grow
Bottles, diapers and toys galore
Never knowing if they could handle more
A house was built with love and sweat
A place to call home for good, their dreams met
Not long after, Kenny lost his father
There are few things that could ever be harder
As a family we made it through
Only hoping that broken hearts like this are few

School came fast for the kids
Things got hectic and there were some rifts
Some things needed fixed and we were to find
That life gets crazy and you can get in a bind
Vacations, sports, school and jobs it was a big part of life
This family got busy, but love never left our sight
The children Kenny and Sharon are so proud of
The ones they give all their love
Their oldest daughter will be saving lives
Their boy a football star a teacher he strives
Their baby girl so full of life and such a star
Their kids really did set the bar

I’m not sure if the trips could be counted again
So many memories shared, how would you even begin
Twenty five years, so much to show
In the beginning how could they have known
Not saying there've never been fights or tears
But that’s one heck of a love that made it through all these years
We only get this one life
One time to love one time to strive
One true love is given to us all
Only those meant to will fall
Kenny and Sharon had a destiny
In another 25 years and forever it will always be

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm sitting here on the couch crying my eyes out! I'm blaming it on post baby emotions! haha!
That was amazing Meliss! You are sooooo very talented!

Dr. Melissa..... or Almost said...

Thanks girl that means a lot and I'm sure it is the post baby hormones!!:) Luv you